Katie Shotts, QAS, e-PRO, joined the staff of the Pinellas REALTOR® Organization in April of 2015 as the Director of Broker Relations. In that role she was the liaison between the association and the Broker members. She also trained members on REALTORS® Property Resource, pioneered many groundbreaking projects such as the PROFarm marketing program and PROCoach professional coaching program, and worked heavily on organizing and facilitating the district-wide District 6 Leadership Institute. Like her role with our Broker members and District 6, as Chief Operating Officer (COO), she will fulfill a liaison role for PRO’s staff. She will be an internal project manager and work to keep all staff in the loop and the lines of communication open. This move will allow David Bennett, Chief Executive Officer, to be the visionary he is and Katie to implement tasks and projects with the staff. She will also continue to be the first contact and line of support for our Broker members.
“My heart is truly with REALTORS® and in REALTOR® Association Management. My move from the Memphis Board to PRO to take my position as the Director of Broker Relations was a strategic career decision based on my goals. I am so honored to have been entrusted by David and our Board of Directors to evolve into the Chief Operating Officer role. I look forward to continuing to serve our members and collaborating with our staff team in a new way!” said Katie.
Katie graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from New Mexico State University. Her previous association experience includes serving as the Communications & MAAR Commercial Council Director with the Memphis Area Association of REALTORS® (3,200 members) from 2008 to 2014. She has taken the initiative to raise her professional bar by completing many training courses and serving on multiple committees. Some of these include:
- QAS designation (FSAE Qualified Association Specialist)
- e-PRO designation
- RPR Certified Instructor – Basics & Mobile (2015-present)
- NAR Communication Directors Vice Chair (2014)
- NAR Association Executives Institute Advisory Board (2017-2018)
- NAR Association Executives Council Board Orientation Work Group (2017-2018)
- Florida Realtors Leadership Institute Committee (2017)
- Florida Realtors YPN Advisory Committee (2017)
- RPAC Investor
She is currently working towards earning the RCE (REALTOR Certified Executive) designation.
Katie enjoys volunteer work as well and has served these organizations in that capacity:
- Youth Villages, Memphis, TN
- Habitat for Humanity, Memphis, TN
- Pinellas Opportunity Council
- All Children’s Hospital Holiday Gift Wrapping, St. Petersburg
- Salvation Army bell ringer, St. Petersburg
- Wood Valley Boys & Girls Club, Clearwater
She is also a three-time half IRONMAN distance (70.3 miles) triathlon finisher, and has completed about a dozen half marathons.
Katie can be reached at KShotts@tampabayrealtor.com and 727-216-3031. If you see Katie around PRO, be sure to say hello, and congratulations!